Balancing Act: It's time to tip the scales

Here's the situation...


1. Three active kids
2. One hardworking husband
3. One insanely cute dog
4. Two basketball practices a week
5. Two gymnastics practices a week
6. One religious education class a week
7. Two basketball GAMES a week
8. Two Zumba classes a week (that I lead)
9. Expenses coming from everywhere

10. One tired but determined MAMA

I know, I know...I am not the ONLY mom on the planet to juggle.  I realize this, but I AM a mom that is determined to make this all work while still contributing financially to the family.

My first attempt is my photography business, Bliss Images Photography.  While I am moderately successful, this is by no stretch of the imagination making a huge impact on our savings account.  After buying all the cool gear and spending a great deal of time on editing, we may have broken even in the four years I have done this.  Although, I enjoy it immensely.

Attempt two...blogging.  Here's the thing, I enjoy this very much, but it's not as simple as writing a clever post and clicking the send button.  If this is going to be successful, I have to spend a decent amount of time on it.

While I have always prided myself on being a super multi-tasker, this decision is throwing me for a loop.  I have proven that I can't do both.  I am leaning towards focusing my efforts on blogging, while keeping my hobby a hobby (with the occasional paid gig).  And, to those that are already on my schedule for 2014, no worries...I fulfill my obligations.

I wish I could shake the magic 8 ball and it would tell me the right thing to do for me and for my family.  Time will tell, I suppose.  I just hope we all come out on top.

Please, share your experiences, advice with me...I am all ears, I assure you.

Oh, and one more thing...God bless my husband, who puts up with his "Jack of all trades, Master of none" wife.  He really has been so supportive.  :)

UPDATE:  I literally just posted this and my friend, Shelly sent me this.  So, I bought it.  I loved her on Full House, so let's see what advice she's got for me!  :)


No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS